Information about the original project
The Free Technology Academy was initally funded by the European Commission. It was conceived as a joint project between various partners with a strategic interest in the objectives of the FTA. This section provides you with information on the FTA from 2008-2010, the duration of the EC-funded period.
At the start of the project, the project partners have constituted a Consortium Board to oversee the overall strategy. The project is managed by the Executive Committee and specific tasks are carried out within the Work Package Teams. The Scientific Council reviews and gives advice on the educational programme. Finally, interested parties are invited to participate in the Associate Network Board (see figure).
The main work of the consortium implies:
- Project management (WP1):
- coordination of the project according to the project plan;
- overall legal, contractual, financial and administrative management;
- development and maintenance of any Consortium agreement.
- Virtual campus (WP2):
- The University Campus will be set up and adapted on the FTA servers according to the defined requirements. Knowledge of the campus will be transferred to the consortium partners.
- Course development (WP3):
- Some modules will be derived from the UOC's Masters Programme in Free Software, while others will be newly developed. The SELF Platform will be used for the creation and continuous improvement of the modules.
- Certification and recognition (WP4):
- This implies: a) to involve the university partners in the definition of the learning outcomes, the educational modules and the evaluation methodology; and b) to sign bilateral agreements with academic partners for the mutual recognition of certifications.
- Pilot (WP5):
- A pilot programme will be developed and conducted using the results of the previous workpackages. The main objectives of the pilot are to set-up, run and evaluate an initial set of educational modules on the FTA virtual campus and determine the exploitation strategy.
- Dissemination & Network Building (WP6):
- The main target groups will be reached by a number of channels.